Your research for this class will largely take place in UO Libraries’ Special Collections and University Archives, home to a growing collection of the papers of a number of prominent feminist science fiction authors.
There are a number of things you can do to make your visit to SCUA more productive:
1. Before you begin your research, visit SCUA so that you can register. Please introduce yourself as a student in Carol Stabile’s CHC seminar on science fiction.
2. Before your first research visit, familiarize yourself with the finding aid for the collection you wish to use.
3. Order the specific materials you wish to use the day before your research visit. That way, librarians and staff will have time to get the materials.
4. Have a back-up plan. Chances are that someone else will also be using some of the materials you want, so make sure you’ve thought about other folders you’d like to review.
5. Be quiet and respectful while you’re using the Paulson reading room.
6. Be careful with the materials and make sure to refile them accurately.
7. Know the hours SCUA is open (term hours go into effect on the first day of class and SCUA is closed during holidays):
Monday-Friday 10 am-4:30 pm
Saturday 11 am-4:30 pm
Always closed Sundays